Re: USB to Serial Port Converters

Knute Johnson wrote:
On 2/27/2010 4:53 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
A year or two ago I bought one of these, with CE FC as the maker
of this device. It does not work well at all.

I need one that reliably puts 5 volts from the USB onto the
proper serial port pin. I also need to use the serial port
XON/XOF flow control.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to buy? My old one provides
the 5 volts for about 15 seconds and quits.

73 Karl

Unless you have a laptop, why don't you just buy a real serial port
for your computer. It will have the appropriate 15 volts on the
signal pins too.

LAVA out of Canada does a fine range of PCI & PCI Express cards for
genuine serial / parallel and combo ports. I've used them for several
years.

<http://www.lavalink.com/>
Systems Theory project website: www.systemstheory.net
www.mikedickson.org.uk