Re: Dreambox edit for Ubuntu?

The application is open source, so I was surprised to not find a
native linux version. Here is the forum, for which the search "linux"
returns no results:
http://digsat.net/wbb3/index.php?page=Board&boardID=273

"Open Source" and "Cross Platform" are very different things. Just
because its open, doesn't mean it can be compiled on linux.

I know that. Instead of "native linux version" I should have written
"native linux implementation" or "native linux alternative".

It could
very well use a windows only tool kit.

True, but being open source and used for communicating with a Linux
device over a LAN, developing a native Linux alternative would be
rather straightforward for a programmer.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.