Re: gparted on the Juanty cd-rom worked

<snip for posterity>
       So please do not bring Vista problems to a Ubuntu list. We
mess with windows just enough to steal most of the space from
Vista for our Ubuntu.

Actually, getting a working dual boot falls under the topic of this list.
If something you were trying to do in ubuntu breaks something,
it is a ubuntu problem.

A note to John Heinen:
Is one of the partitions marked bootable? If you have a ubuntu disk,
try marking it bootable with your preferred partition manager.

~SpaceGhost

  • Vista and Ubuntu peaceful coexistence
    ... resident Vista supporters and Ubuntu supporters. ... Working with Linux is pretty interesting. ... similar to the Blue Screen of Death in Windows. ...
  • Why Ubuntu Still Sucks
    ... Vista, let alone explored the depths of its search mechanism. ... cranny of the Windows shell. ... My favorite is the "Stack by" feature: ... I can't reproduce this capability under Ubuntu 7.10 ...
  • Re: Udungtu 8.10 ***WOW***
    ... We know you're afraid of Ubuntu because it may very well cost you your run adaware for money business. ... Yes, Linux will become more of a target, however my experience with Vista is that many problems have been fixed BUT IE has become the problem. ... you mean because a Linux utility on CD can almost instantly render all Windows "Security" worthless? ... I have on occasion showed Linux distros to customers but so far have had no takers even for those who essentially only surf and do e-mail. ...
  • Re: Dev-C++ compiling problem in Vista
    ... Vista is a hog of an operating system. ... Downgrade to Windows XP or get ... mysterious root password. ... figure out if ubuntu still supports ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Udungtu 8.10 ***WOW***
    ... We know you're afraid of Ubuntu because it may very well cost you your run adaware for money business. ... Windows, it will be plagued by infections, and you still will not know anything or have any respect or regard for what people want out of their computers.. ... Yes, Linux will become more of a target, however my experience with Vista is that many problems have been fixed BUT IE has become the problem. ... The more a browser can do the greater the risk, however when bits of that browser are involved with the OS itself then faults in it risk the OS as well. ...