Re: How to disable a Ram Swap permanently

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:36:01 -0000, Lawrence Tsang <tkwinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi All,

Originally I am using Ubuntu Karmic with no swap partition / swap
file.
The Ubuntu system automatically initializes a 500M Ram Swap for me.
Recently
I manage to create a 2G Swap Partition and install the Swap Partition by
adding a line in /etc/fstab.

However, after booting my system, I find that there are in fact 2
swaps
on my system --- the Ram Swap and the Swap Partition. The listing after
running the "swapon -s" command is :

root@tkwinfo-desktop:/home/tkwinfo# swapon -s
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/dev/ramzswap0 partition 515288 0 100
/dev/sdc3 partition 2216960 0 -1

The Swap Partition (/dev/sdc3) has only a priority of -1 while the
Ram
Swap (/dev/ramzswap0) is still installed.

I want to know that :
(1) Is the Ram Swap still necessary? If not, how to remove it.
(2) How to increase the priority of the Swap Partition.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Lawrence

All you need to do is edit /etc/fstab