Re: [lucid] Debian GRUB splash screen?
- From: Glenn Holmer <shadowm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 05:02:41 -0600
On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 05:32 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
I read the gory details and it is clear that Grub 1 was designed to
be be user friendly. Grub 2 is a machine system. You the user should not
need to fix this version. This NEVER works.
Rubbish. I customize my GRUB2 to display a picture beneath the menu,
omit everything except Linux from menu, and add a menu item to chain
back to a copy of GRUB in the MBR (I use multiple copies of GRUB loaded
in each boot partition).
I'm not a big fan of GRUB2 either, but it's not rocket science. Once
you learn it, it's no more difficult than the original GRUB; the page
referenced earlier in this thread is very informative:
And if you look at /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme, it's pretty easy to see
what was added to make a Debian splash come up.
"The text is only a proposition." -Pierre Boulez
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682) http://www.lyonlabs.org
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Reinstalling GDM hassles
- Next by Date: Re: Copying/migrating a VirtualBox image?
- Previous by thread: Re: [lucid] Debian GRUB splash screen?
- Next by thread: Re: [lucid] Debian GRUB splash screen?