Re: Option to use /dev values instead of UUID values

Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Yet another reason to use /dev notation. Note that I am not advocating
a return to /dev notation, rather, I am asking for an option in the
installer (not checked y default) to use /dev notation.

I don't understand why the installer needs this feature.

Can't you just edit fstab afterwards if you want to use /dev notation?
Why does the installer need to be able to do this?

It seems like you would only use /dev notation if you know what you are
doing, so requiring the user to manually edit fstab to use this seems
sensible. The vast majority of users would not need this option, so
presenting it as an option just makes the installer more complicated.