Re: Installer cannot remove files

True, but the bug (if it is indeed a bug) won't be fixed in Karmic.
Your first chance to get it fixed is in Lucid, so any developers that read
your bug report would ask you to test it again with Lucid, and if that
works they will consider it as fixed.

Also if you cannot reliably repeat the problem then it won't be fixed. It
is impossible to troubleshoot problems that aren't there (any more).
It seems like you have already fixed it yourself so it's probably too late
for a bug report.

This is the reason that I asked on list if anyone else experienced
this. If it happened once then it is no big deal. If it is happening
on every third install then there is a problem to be fixed. I won't
report the issue until it either happens to me again on different
hardware or someone else reports it as having happened.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.

  • Re: problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04
    ... Here is a bug report regarding the issue: ... [upgrading from lucid to precise fails] ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Who should security issues be reported to?
    ... Eliminate the security risk in a maintenance update. ... application developers can immediately start working on ... confidential bug report in the system, the number of exploits in the ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Firefox 2 Release 8 Aug 2009 2.0.0.20
    ... If someone sends me a concise and comprehensive bug report that gives me ... information that I need to be able to reproduce the issue myself. ... That isn't to say that I (or other developers, I assume) don't want your bug ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Why is TUNABLE_INT discouraged?
    ... the list archives (other than me announcing the change in response to a ... bug report), but there must have been one, either on IRC or in Karlsruhe. ... an int is fine - but so is a long. ... "developers are hereby warned that ints cannot hold pointers on all ...
    (freebsd-hackers)