Re: Spider Solitaire for recent Windows convert

On 28/03/10 20:15, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I recently installed Kubuntu 9.10 for a recent Windows convert. He
needs Spider Solitaire in a fashion similar to that in a default
Windows XP install. The Spider Solitaire from the AisleRiot games is
too difficult, and the online versions are not practical as there is
not always an internet connection.

What other Spider Solitaire games are there? Or, can the playing level
of the AisleRiot game be made easier? Thanks.

Install KPatience and select Spider - which by default is setup to play
with 2 suits. However, if you go Game>Statistics>Game you will see a
down arrow at the end of the window; click on this you can not only
select other games, but can also select Spider with 1 deck or with 4 decks.

BC

--
If you go through life with your head in the sand, all people will see is an arse.

  • Re: Spider Solitaire for recent Windows convert
    ... Windows XP install. ... The Spider Solitaire from the AisleRiot games is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Spider Solitaire for recent Windows convert
    ... Windows XP install. ... The Spider Solitaire from the AisleRiot games is ... Go to Settings>Spider Options and select 1 or 4 deck version of Spider. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Spider Solitaire for recent Windows convert
    ... I recently installed Kubuntu 9.10 for a recent Windows convert. ... The Spider Solitaire from the AisleRiot games is ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Spider Solitaire for recent Windows convert
    ... Windows XP install. ... The Spider Solitaire from the AisleRiot games is ... there is an option to reduce the number of suits to 2 or even 1. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Turn off computer problem
    ... I have further isolated the problem have determined it only occurs when I open spider solitaire from the recent document menu. ... Does it happen if you do a clean boot, don't run any other programs, open spider solitaire, close it, then log off? ... Here are some links on how to do clean boot troubleshooting: ... How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)