Installed VirtualBox - but where is it?
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:58:23 +0900
The other day I used under Ubuntu 9.04 Synaptic to install VirtualBox OSE.
The computer says, the installation has been successfully completed.
Now, where am I supposed to look for it??
I cannot find it anywhere under application,
there is no icon or stuff like that on the desktop
and when I try Alt+F2: VirtualBox (all different forms of spelling,
capitalization I can think of),
all I get is the error message "no such file or folder"
* but Synaptic shows it to be installed.
So, ... where is it? How am I supposed to use software that "is not there"?
Is there any way to describe this in a manner that even a "regular Joe"
(a person without degree in computer science and understanding of the
inner secrets of linux) - like me - can understand?
(the other day I tried to install wine (could not make it work);
attempts at reading the instruction manual were like trying to read
ancient hiroglyphs from an Egyptian tomb)
Thank you for your help.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Ubuntu 9.10 Hangs Frequently
- Next by Date: Re: Video has lost color. Ubuntu 8.04
- Previous by thread: Video has lost color. Ubuntu 8.04
- Next by thread: Re: Installed VirtualBox - but where is it?