Installed VirtualBox - but where is it?

The other day I used under Ubuntu 9.04 Synaptic to install VirtualBox OSE.
The computer says, the installation has been successfully completed.
Fine.
Now, where am I supposed to look for it??
I cannot find it anywhere under application,
there is no icon or stuff like that on the desktop
and when I try Alt+F2: VirtualBox (all different forms of spelling,
capitalization I can think of),
all I get is the error message "no such file or folder"
* but Synaptic shows it to be installed.

So, ... where is it? How am I supposed to use software that "is not there"?

Is there any way to describe this in a manner that even a "regular Joe"
(a person without degree in computer science and understanding of the
inner secrets of linux) - like me - can understand?

(the other day I tried to install wine (could not make it work);
attempts at reading the instruction manual were like trying to read
ancient hiroglyphs from an Egyptian tomb)

Thank you for your help.
Thomas

  • >>>> INSTALL UBUNTU <<<<
    ... Ubuntu No Install Screen Boot Scripts ... After Install Ubuntu Server Constantly Reboots ... Which Ubuntu Linux Kernal To Install ...
    (rec.music.progressive)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • The Big Ol Ubuntu Security Resource
    ... but its default install has flaws. ... are the mods you need to make to protect your system. ... If you've recently switched from Windows to the Linux distribution Ubuntu, ... IT Security has prepared a guide to help you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 146 LAMP instead XAMP worked OK
    ... Re: LAMP ... find for how to set up a printer in Ubuntu is in version 7.4. ... How did you install LAMP? ... LAMP server software. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 230
    ... from fedora to ubuntu ... Virtual machine ... Ubuntu will ask you if you want to install the ... Unable to send/receive e-mail between my e-mail server ...
    (Ubuntu)