Re: Ubuntu 10.04 BETA1 (Lucid)

Hi Basil,

Basil Chupin schrieb:
On 06/04/10 17:08, Fred A. Miller wrote:
[snip]

'Wouldn't think so. I haven't run Ubuntu for that long, but at no time
have I noted any of the servers being that slow.

Fred

As far as I am concerned, they *ARE* slow :-( . I get thruout of around
17Kbs/s or less. If I get up to 50+Kbs/s I am laughing.

BC

BC

You might want to consider contributing bandwith to the ubuntu project:

http://www.camrdale.org/apt-p2p/
http://wiki.debian.org/DebTorrent

if you have several ubuntu machines running in you network you can use
apt-cacher-ng to speed up your updates and relieve the official ubuntu
servers.

Franz (who uses apt-cacher-ng)

  • Re: Ubuntu vs Debian for Enterprise Production Servers
    ... November 2006 02:51 schrieb GNU Linux: ... especially from those who administers enterprise production servers. ... In the moment I would say that using Ubuntu for Enterprise Production Servers ... This if you plan to set up the servers and do the support by yourself. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Only Four More Days to Go!
    ... help fix the 47,481 open bugs in ubuntool. ... Just shredded all my Linux disks, ... After trying PClinuxOS, Ubuntu, Kbuntu, Mandriva, Open Susi I give up. ... Just to let you know I am The system admin where I work and we run servers with RedHat Linux and Windows Server 2003 and both do there jobs with no unscheduled downtime. ...
  • Re: CentOS, firewall and mysql.
    ... website servers such as for algebra.com. ... I now manage as much as possible with scripts, ... which is smoething that Ubuntu makes very easy. ... Lately, I had a couple of servers where Ubuntu would not install, and ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: OT: Ubuntu?
    ... Is Ubuntu a good, ... and Suse for the servers. ... Experimenting with an OpenBSD and an OpenSolaris machine right now, but they aren't in actual use... ... I discovered the yum distribution upgrade process, and it's made upgrading releases relatively painless. ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • [Media] 8.04 Servers - Wikipedia
    ... I can't deny that Wikipedia is incredibly popular. ... Linux) and Fedora servers to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. ...
    (Ubuntu)