Gnome borked after recent Lucid updates

I've just updated my machine to the latest Lucid packages and it's borked
Gnome.

Has anyone else had this problem?

All applications open up at the top of the monitor and not beneath the top
panel as is normal. Selecting menu options from preferences, for example, if
the list is too long to display then you have the arrows to navigate down.
When your oprion comes into view, when you go to click it, the menu list
just scrolls back to the beginning making it impossible to select anything
other than the oriainally displayed items.

Applications that do open are missing the top bar with the window control
buttons as the top of the applicaiton is hidden under the panel.

Worspace switcher is in my panel but is just one colour. It's missing the
squares denoting how many workspaces I have.

My shortcuts to move between workspaces(alt-number) no longer works.

Alt-Tab no longer traverses open applications and if an app is hidden but
something else, I can't get to it.

What a terrible update. I wanted to make this known on Launchpad but
couldn't see a way of doing it.

I hope no one else is having these problems.

My hardware, everything is intel (Dell XPS1330)

  • Re: NGSCB
    ... who spoke at the panel said "we've heard you say loud and clear no ... Trusted Computing Platform Alliance, seemingly succeeded by "trusted ... > core components of the operating system, including applications and the ...
    (SecProg)
  • Re: Gnome borked after recent Lucid updates
    ... All applications open up at the top of the monitor and not beneath the ... Applications that do open are missing the top bar with the window ... control buttons as the top of the applicaiton is hidden under the panel. ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [kde] Some more KDE4 questions
    ... In KDE3 one could have the "most-frequently used" applications ... I just told KDE to put my N most-used applications on the ... You should be able to drag any application from the menu into the panel and it ... The windows are shown in the pager but appears not to show the icons here on ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Some more KDE4 questions
    ... In KDE3 one could have the "most-frequently used" applications ... Use the favourites. ... I just told KDE to put my N most-used applications on the ... You should be able to drag any application from the menu into the panel ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Removing all traces of MS-Office (versions 2K and XP)
    ... I found out how to remove Office XP via the Control ... Control Panel and then reinstall it. ... >Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ... >| Applications does show Excel/Word starting, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)