Re: Installing Ubuntu in a very poor performace machine...

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:10:02 -0400
Michael Haney <thezorch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How different is Lubuntu from Xubuntu?

As different as Lxde is from XFCE? Really, put it on your machine and
try it.
<sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop>

I like it pretty well. It's quick and still runs all the compiz bells
ands whistles.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

  • Re: A lot of problems with debian sid on a Notebook
    ... and do not want to even install new softwares. ... In second, you have desktops like XFCE and LXDE, which are more like ... I agree that nothing is as top-heavy as KDE 4 and GNOME 3. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
    ... The first time I tried XFCE, the rat and the ugly font logo, the ... XFCE made me feel the poor Gnome2 brother, ... Then I tried LXDE. ... than GUI environment, but the trade off between the learning curve vs. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Goodbye GNOME, Hello XFCE
    ... I'm testing KDE4 again and you can't compare it to Xfce ... reading and tweaking to use it as a replacement for Xfce and LXDE. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Comparitive Desktop Environments
    ... Ok, I tried XFCE. ... I find it far superior to LXDE. ... am a late migrant from fvwm through XFCE to LXDE.) ... you do not want a XFCE spin.) ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
    ... On my old hardware, ... I'm using the Gnome 3 fallback mode on F15, ... I suspect the same would be true of LXDE or XFCE. ...
    (Fedora)