Re: 10.04 BUG? Can not recognize USB DIsks

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:19:31 +0100, Knapp <magick.crow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Jeff Lane <jeffrey.lane@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:53, Maxime Alarie <malarie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
As far as I know, It recognizes it, also displays an icon on your
desktop, even in Places, but its not mounted automatically. Its
mounted when you access it.

It is a bug of sorts:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hdparm/+bug/515023

It's not ALL USB disks, only some of them, for some reason. But there
have been quite a few bugs opened about this issue.

I just put Lubuntu on my lap top and it does not see my USB mem stick.
Real pain because that was how I was going to install the Network
tweeks and now I must do it by hand.

I thought it was just Lubuntu but I guess I was wrong.

Maybe not. Do you have the Lubuntu-Desktop PPA (ppa:lubuntu-desktop/ppa)
in your sources. The earlier versions of PCmanFM had an unrelated problem
with auto-mount. The latest version is in the PPA.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://www.lubuntu.net