How to recover deleted files
- From: Vijay Shanker Dubey <vijay.shad@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:47:01 +0530
My laptop has two os. one is windows vista. and other is Ubuntu. I am
currently on ubuntu system, this is my primary OS.
There are 4 partitions of my hard disk
1. Windows OS
2. Linux(Ubuntu OS)
Now the problem part. The data partition is NTFS. I have mounted this
partition on the location `/media/windrive-a` under ubuntu OS.
A little while back i decided to delete the mounting of the data partition
and i fired command `rm -r /media/windrive-a/`. To give me a shock; all my
data on data drive is gone.
Now, I know this is not the command to remove mounted partition. But I have
committed the wrong. Is there any way i can get my data back. These are very
important data for me.
Vijay Shanker Dubey
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: What is the best pdf editor for ubuntu?
- Next by Date: C programming help
- Previous by thread: Merge two small disks into one large
- Next by thread: Re: How to recover deleted files