How to recover deleted files

Hi

My laptop has two os. one is windows vista. and other is Ubuntu. I am
currently on ubuntu system, this is my primary OS.

There are 4 partitions of my hard disk

1. Windows OS
2. Linux(Ubuntu OS)
3. Data

Now the problem part. The data partition is NTFS. I have mounted this
partition on the location `/media/windrive-a` under ubuntu OS.

A little while back i decided to delete the mounting of the data partition
and i fired command `rm -r /media/windrive-a/`. To give me a shock; all my
data on data drive is gone.

Now, I know this is not the command to remove mounted partition. But I have
committed the wrong. Is there any way i can get my data back. These are very
important data for me.

Please suggest.
Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 194
    ... Vista (running ubuntu) ... Ubuntu Gaming/Vista Partition ... and lets you install, but it never completes. ... GTA San Andreas won't work on my laptop while running vista (Even though I ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How to Create Dual-Booting System
    ... partitioned and I accepted all the defaults that Ubuntu suggested. ... Well, if it where openSUSE, we would have guessed. ... following questions before you install another one next to it. ... make FAT32) Primary partition of around 20GB these days, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 76, Issue 178
    ... this is for the question for extending the partition for extended partition ... Re: Unallocated Space ... delete/convert the Ubuntu partitions into unallocated space. ... I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to extend my ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
    ... I've used that Ubuntu disk in LiveCD mode and made some major headway ... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my E: drive, the remaining partition ... I'm using the Ubuntu disk to do as much as I can before I mess with Windows. ... It turns out, the mount command accepts an offset, so you ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 345
    ... Virtual memory issues in Jaunty ... pdf program with a printer driver for ubuntu ... A USB drive as 160 GB partition sole purpose data ... you lost me on the find when you get to grub prompt. ...
    (Ubuntu)