How to recover deleted files

Hi

My laptop has two os. one is windows vista. and other is Ubuntu. I am
currently on ubuntu system, this is my primary OS.

There are 4 partitions of my hard disk

1. Windows OS
2. Linux(Ubuntu OS)
3. Data

Now the problem part. The data partition is NTFS. I have mounted this
partition on the location `/media/windrive-a` under ubuntu OS.

A little while back i decided to delete the mounting of the data partition
and i fired command `rm -r /media/windrive-a/`. To give me a shock; all my
data on data drive is gone.

Now, I know this is not the command to remove mounted partition. But I have
committed the wrong. Is there any way i can get my data back. These are very
important data for me.

Please suggest.
Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey