USB flash Drive no longer is detected by system

Hello, I have a Dell inspiron 1501 laptop that dual boots to Ubuntu 9.10 and windows vista. Two nights ago I had my Sony MicroVault 8GB drive in the laptop whilst running Windows because I was running an app that doesn't run in WINE. At some point, the machine went to sleep and I woke it up again while the USB drive was still inserted. The next time I booted into Ubuntu only and noticed that the flash drive would'nt mount. I rebooted to Windows only to get the "USB couldn't be recognized" message. I inserted the disk into another computer running windoqs and another running Mac OS. All could not read the disk. I know I can reformat the disk, but I'd like to know if there is a Linux utility app that could recover or make the disk readable againt without having to reformat. I would like a Linux solution to this issue.

Btw, I have used other USB devices on my system since so I know the ports are fine.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

  • Re: 2 pc network - cant see host files from pc 2 on pc 1
    ... Assuming that you have firewall protection via your internet router try ... workgroup because it will be needed for the network to work correctly. ... see if you can access TCP ports 139 and 445 on computer one of which at ... permissions. ...
  • Re: PC Tools Firewall Question
    ... So, it's to be assumed that the two machines that are connected to your router, the LAN or Local Area Network, are never to share resources or network between the two, which are the ports you're blocking below with the PFW. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Setting up Remote Desktop web connection in winxp mce to work
    ... Its possible her office network admins are blocking the outgoing ports. ... Also check to see your using the correct public IP for your router and make sure the router is configured to disable remote management. ... > anyway to test the remote connection, other than trying to connection> from ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Linux - Indicators of compromise
    ... "Integrity is compromised, service downtime". ... I think Scott you work on network where is has at max 5 Cat 2950s as ... 10 has 2U servers and is each server has 4 network ports. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: How to spoof MAC-address in SuSE Linux?
    ... > that in their contracts and they threatened the customers and stuff. ... ran more then one PC on the network while it was not allowed to do so. ... Here there are several providers that close all ports till 1024 and some ... support you think you are going to get is gone. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)