Re: Need email server aid

Alvin Thompson wrote:
On 04/22/2010 06:23 PM, Chuck Kuecker wrote:

It worked with the IP, not the domain name.

I still need to get it to work with an outside address, so I guess I
need to fiddle with my DNS server next.

Thanks for the help!

If you just need 'mail.ckent.org' to resolve to your local address, just
put it in your '/etc/hosts' file, or whatever the equivalent is on you
embedded system.

BTW, if it's an embedded system that never leaves your network, why do
you need it to work with an outside address? Why can't you just use the
local IP?

Ultimately, this will be a wireless product that will be out in the
wild, and will need the capability to connect anywhere, assuming the
user has an email account on the network, somewhere in the world. At
present, I'm just playing with basics using the built-in Ethernet port
included with the development system.

Chuck