Re: Need email server aid

Alvin Thompson wrote:
On 04/22/2010 06:23 PM, Chuck Kuecker wrote:

It worked with the IP, not the domain name.

I still need to get it to work with an outside address, so I guess I
need to fiddle with my DNS server next.

Thanks for the help!

If you just need 'mail.ckent.org' to resolve to your local address, just
put it in your '/etc/hosts' file, or whatever the equivalent is on you
embedded system.

BTW, if it's an embedded system that never leaves your network, why do
you need it to work with an outside address? Why can't you just use the
local IP?

Ultimately, this will be a wireless product that will be out in the
wild, and will need the capability to connect anywhere, assuming the
user has an email account on the network, somewhere in the world. At
present, I'm just playing with basics using the built-in Ethernet port
included with the development system.

Chuck

  • Re: Need email server aid
    ... need to fiddle with my DNS server next. ... BTW, if it's an embedded system that never leaves your network, why do ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Wifi: Connecting a Laptop to en embedded system
    ... Say you want to design an embedded system that any laptop can ... connect to without any Wifi network available. ... Another option is to use WiFi, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Low level network access
    ... I'm trying to port an embedded system to CE.NET, and one of the things I ... need to do is access the network at a very low level - basically being ... While it's not entirely clear to me to what extent NDIS ... little sample code I've come across have failed miserably. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Sockets
    ... Network is unreachable" error message from my embedded system. ... You have actually checked one can Ping the other? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Sockets
    ... Network is unreachable" error message from my embedded system. ... Are you using names or IP's to specify your endpoints? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)