Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:17:50 -0500
From: Tab Gilbert <tabbox@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dell Laptops

I think he may be talking about the ones with preinstalled Ubuntu.

Not to change the subject from the original question but the last time I
looked at Dell's site there was a netbook available and that was about it.
Their Ubuntu selection has been in "refresh" mode for quiet some time. I
would have purchased the Ubuntu version if it had been available. Dell
seems to be dropping the ball, at least the last time I looked. Maybe they
changed recently. Would be nice.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

  • Ubuntu Live CD to the rescue
    ... My niece brought her thoroughly trashed Dell laptop with XP home over to me because it wouldn't boot up. ... I decided I didn't have a couple of days to spend trying to get the old install to run, so I downloaded the Ultimate Windows Boot CD so I could recover the files. ... So I burned an Ubuntu Live CD and much to my delight, it came right up, network and all. ... I was able to mount the ntfs volume, mount a share on my own computer, and transfer all the data across the network. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re:
    ... I am considering buying a new Dell laptop in a couple months. ... Dell now offers new laptops with Ubuntu installed as the OS. ... I have MS Office, Acrobat 7, PhotoshopCS ... do that and so far i have lost no data in convertion in fact open office ...
    (Ubuntu)

  • ... I am considering buying a new Dell laptop in a couple months. ... with Windows and especially the crap they call "Vista". ... Ubuntu but I am worried some of my software won't work. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT: Linux for noobs
    ... I installed it on a Dell laptop and plugged in a ... ubuntu picked up the Intel ABG Mini PCI Wireless Card in my Asus M5N ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu
    ... simpler- to use as/than Windows. ... it costs a lot of money to retrain those admin-bozos who have ... them with Ubuntu, and they cope with it just as well as they ... I always recommend using GNU/Linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)