Re: Need email server aid

On 04/25/2010 09:19 PM, Res wrote:
Sorry but that means nothing, known plenty to have claimed that, and
many second year uni students easily surpass them.
(not saying your just beating your chest, maybe you are good, but I dont
know you, and I doubt many if any here do well enough to back that claim
up)

That's a logical flaw. Debate the points, not the messenger. If a PhD
came up to you and said that 2 plus 2 equals 4, it doesn't make it any
more or less true than if a high school dropout told you.

As I said in another post, you might want to check out my resume on my
web site before you make that assertion.

Alvin, Chris has probably forgotten more about email than most people will
ever learn about it.

Apparently not, if he thinks that:

1. HTTP is more reliable than SMTP.
2. SMTP adds too much "parsing overhead" (his words, not mine) for
sending messages. What! Sending messages is SMTP's *job*, so I imagine
the overhead is acceptable.
3. You'll lose mail sent to you if your SMTP server goes down.
4. You need a separate MX entry for each client that uses your mail server.
5. Spam can still get in your queue if the SMTP server requires a valid
client certificate.
6. Mail servers only have one queue.

Those are all ridiculous points he's tried to make.

  • Re: Ask EU mail sending message
    ... Could somerat tell me which bit of my system I should be looking at in response to the following, which I get when I try to send mail: ... The mail server responded: REJ-RELAY-001: relay not permitted. ... You are trying to use an SMTP server which is not owned by the ISP you're currently connected to - this has been blocked for decades to stop spammers sending mail via other companies' mail servers. ... your mail client is still configured to the SMTP server of your UK ISP - you need to change it for the one provided by your French ISP. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: SMTP Server Remote Queue Length Alert
    ... messages stacking up in the queue. ... exist, Exchange generates an NDR. ... for Exchange 2003 where the SMTP server does a lookup against Active ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Fixed but no idea why.
    ... mail server fine now that my SMTP server has a different name? ... appears on the right-hand side of e-mails generated by your systems. ... latter option, while not encouraged, will work because the SMTP RFCs ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Help
    ... >> I can send and receive emails using Outlook Express ... > All you can do is check the documentation of your SMTP server if you ... but the issue is the same no matter what mail server: ... Microsoft Windows MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services Security Is Like An Onion, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • WinProxy 4.0 dropping first character on reverse-proxied SMTP server port?!?
    ... I have WinProxy 4.0Rg1 on a Windows ME ... The problem comes when SMTP servers on the Internet attempt to connect ... to the mail server port on the gateway's public IP address. ... any SMTP server that actually implements the "correct" ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)