Re: 10.04 rc update problems

On 04/27/2010 01:37 PM, Goh Lip wrote:

$ sudo apt-get purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
$ sudo reboot

and the system rebooted just fine.

I of course still have other issues yet to be resolved... but I reckon I
can figure out those now that I can boot back into the updated system :-)

That's what I thought and uninstalled nouveau too, refer my bug report

But there is a 'sort of' duplicate in
where this was finally sorted out as a plymouth issue.(by early march)

There is a new update on plymouth (in the last 2 hours) Does this help?
If yes, try reinstalling nouveau and see if problem is still there.

The script in /etc/init/plymouth.conf works differently for kubuntu and
ubuntu and I don't have this problem as I am on kubuntu and the bug
report I wrote in March affects only Kubuntu then.

So I don't recommend you uninstall nouveau. I had a thread in
kubuntu-user list too there. But it's okay to refer to above bug report.

Good luck - Goh Lip

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: