Re: Prevent Mysql starting at boot

2010/4/28 刘勇泰 <lytric@xxxxxxxxx>:
[...] In
the /etc/init directory, there are init configuration files, and the one
for mysql service is mysql.conf. In mysql.conf it tells init to start
mysql when network devices and locale file system are ready, so only
deactivating mysql in sysv runlevel system does not working.

Read your last post.
Do you have /etc/init/mysql.conf file?

At /etc/init there are no configuration files, only scripts (usualy
refered as init scripts).
Configuration files should be in /etc. Right?

I'm not using lucid (yet), sorry if my help is limited.

A good reading from LSB
(http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb) about
System initialization
http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_4.0.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/tocsysinit.html

Regards
Luis

  • Re: Prevent Mysql starting at boot
    ... At /etc/init there are no configuration files, only scripts (usualy ... Configuration files should be in /etc. ... used for conf files for the upstart init process. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: MySQL 4.0.18-32 RPM on SuSE 9.1 issue
    ... > package is installed usually old configuration files are not overwritten ... Then install mysql from the ... shutdown all applications that may be using MySQL ... Edit /etc/my.cnf to uncomment InnoDB table stuff ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • MYSQL V4-1-1 and PHP 1.2 and CSWS 1.3
    ... My test script fails on the line with ... Mysql is running and works using the parameters in the ... configuration files must be configured for proper operations for the ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Mysql
    ... Which directory is the database directory? ... where the configuration files are stored it is /usr/share/mysql. ... to do all this secret back door crap to get this thing working. ... P.S. Try that behavior in MySQL or php groups... ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: AIX vs Solaris
    ... rather than init scripts being a full ... restart systems depending on a failed but restarted system or ... the XML files provided with the OS are *not* ... configuration files; they are supposed to be as immutable as ...
    (comp.unix.admin)