another packaging question -- should "purge" remove every trace?
- From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 03:50:14 -0400 (EDT)
another best practises question -- if i "apt-get purge" a package,
should i expect to see every trace of that package removed from the
system? i'm currently testing a package that, after purging, still
leaves a pile of stuff that it originally installed under /opt.
oh, and the installation created a user and group for that package,
but purging doesn't remove it. based on what i know(?), removing that
package can leave behind the user and group account, but purging
should really get rid of it, no?
Robert P. J. Day Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
Top-notch, inexpensive online Linux/OSS/kernel courses
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: should package installation *start* the package?
- Next by Date: Re: Latest Firefox 3.6.6 - I don't like it...
- Previous by thread: should package installation *start* the package?
- Next by thread: text to html