Re: Evolution mail unstable, please switch to Thunderbird for the next release...

On 07/09/2010 02:07 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

If you like Thunderbird 2 and it works fine for you then stay with it.

I did a format and a complete system install when 10.04 was released
and all my emails are stored on the servers, so was not much of a hassle.

Not sure about upgrading from 2.x to 3.x - never tried to do that.
If your happy then would be safer to stay with what you are using now.

Right...
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/thunderbird20.html
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/thunderbird30.html
and
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all-older-2.0.html
<quote>
Please note that Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 is the last planned security and
stability release of Thunderbird 2.0. We encourage you to update to
Thunderbird 3.1
</quote>
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.1/releasenotes/