Re: Evolution mail unstable, please switch to Thunderbird for the next release...

On 07/09/2010 02:07 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:

If you like Thunderbird 2 and it works fine for you then stay with it.

I did a format and a complete system install when 10.04 was released
and all my emails are stored on the servers, so was not much of a hassle.

Not sure about upgrading from 2.x to 3.x - never tried to do that.
If your happy then would be safer to stay with what you are using now.

Right...
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/thunderbird20.html
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/thunderbird30.html
and
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all-older-2.0.html
<quote>
Please note that Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 is the last planned security and
stability release of Thunderbird 2.0. We encourage you to update to
Thunderbird 3.1
</quote>
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.1/releasenotes/

  • Re: sort email by date
    ... then use Thunderbird to remove the dupes. ... the header marker is either constant or there are a limited number of them. ... written if full procedural format for ease of conversion to ... close(OutFile) ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: MAILBOX: From Evolution to Thunderbird
    ... > I would like to move from Evolution to Thunderbird. ... > there exists a script or utility that converts Evolution mailbox ... > format to Thunderbird format. ... You may want to copy your Evo folders to a new location before testing. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Date and time format
    ... for the Thunderbird mail client to 24-hour format. ... knew it, I was digging into 'locale', environment variables ... It is probably not set for Thunderbird specifically. ... then your time format should be HH:MM:SS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Date and time format
    ... for the Thunderbird mail client to 24-hour format. ... knew it, I was digging into 'locale', environment variables ... It is probably not set for Thunderbird specifically. ... then your time format should be HH:MM:SS ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Converting Thunderbird for Windows to Mac OS X
    ... I've got Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 running on Windows XP and I want to ... If I import on the Mac side, ... Presuming the mailbox format it the same on both platforms, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)