Re: external hard disk

On 21/07/10 14:08, NoOp wrote:
On 07/20/2010 08:41 PM, Marlon wrote:

you can

sudo mount /dev/sdXX /mnt -o force

sometimes it removes the error flags... but... in my opinion, the best way
to restore a windows file system, is in windows, and using windows tools
like the warning said...
it is very simple...

just conect the HD and if the problem apears again open a MSDOS term and
type

chkdsk /f giving the HD char...

*Please* bottom post on this list - thanks :-)
[Proper quoting:]

The links that I provided suggest:
$ sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
$ sudo ntfsfix /dev/sd(x)

and I suspect that will do the job. ...

Did you try here first?

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=
"Error+mounting%3A+mount+exited+with+exit+code+13%3A+%24MFTMirr+does+not+match+%24MFT"&btnG=Search>

For example, this looks promising:

If using Lucid, ntfsprogs should already be installed as default - or at
least something installed these without my interference.

BC

--
And God created Woman; and to repent He then created Beer.