RE: Find Big Files or Big Directories
- From: "Maxime Alarie" <malarie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:28:15 -0400
I have 2 disks that syncs every night. The problem occurs with /dev/sdb1.
*Output of df -h*
/dev/sdb1 224G 197G *17G 93%* /
Output of the command du -m /var/www/Nuxeo | sort -n | tail -15
15559 . ß I don't know why only 15GB is reported..
the `du` command does not account for hidden files or directories unless
then are within a nested dir.
Try `du -shc /var/www` for the actual usage by the 'www' dir. Also look
for hidden files in the 'Nuxeo' dir, this may account for the "missing"
Just did. /var reports 17GB.
I launched the command in / just to see.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Find Big Files or Big Directories
- Next by Date: Re: copying a home directory onto a removable drive and back
- Previous by thread: Re: Find Big Files or Big Directories
- Next by thread: RE: Find Big Files or Big Directories