Re: help me to install various packages in ubuntu 10.04

On 31 July 2010 07:40, ramya lakshmanan <lramya1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if i tried to install packages using software manager, always it giving
error tat untursted packages nu. so i was not able to install any more
packages. so please helpm me to resolve this problem

--
with regards

RamyaShanmugam

Ubuntu packages come with a digital signature. When you have the key
which matches this signature then the package is trusted. So, it
sounds as though either some signatures or security keys are missing.
Do

Applications - Accessories - Terminal and then type in
$ aptitude search keyring you should see a line
i ubuntu-keyring this means that
the bunch of keys
for ubuntu
is installed.

On my system I also have these installed
debian-archive-keyring
gnome-keyring

So you could try

$ sudo aptitude reinstall ubuntu-keyring and, if necessary
$ sudo aptitude install debian-archive-keyring gnome-keyring

Then try installing your packages again. If this fails we shall have
to look further. You could be trying to install packages from some
other software repository.

--
Best Wishes
Maurice.

  • Re: Debian or Ubuntu Dilemma
    ... Debian Stable < Ubuntu < Debian Testing/Unstable < Any Distro w/mutt packaging ... You'll eventually have to compile a few packages with any distro (from Debian ... Ubuntu seems to be a good balance if its default install does almost ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Switching from teTeX to TexLive in Ubuntu
    ... packages everything except: only Dutch language packs; ... using the Debian packages of TL. ... You are using the Ubuntu packages. ... It is a requirement for having different packages being able to install ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 83, Issue 5
    ... connection on Ubuntu, but works fine on my wife's XP. ... Re: fresh install ... anyone installed libreoffice 3.4.0 on ubuntu 11.04? ... see that the install tarball produces some 54 .deb packages. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Restore Dapper after Edgy
    ... if it is perhaps you mean sudo aptitude install ... The following packages will be automatically REMOVED: ... if you install the ubuntu desktop package ... (compiler versions, library version etc), so they create software packages ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Restore Dapper after Edgy
    ... if it is perhaps you mean sudo aptitude install ... The following packages will be automatically REMOVED: ... if you install the ubuntu desktop package ... Dapper is stable condition. ...
    (Ubuntu)