Re: help me to install various packages in ubuntu 10.04

On 31 July 2010 07:40, ramya lakshmanan <lramya1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if i tried to install packages using software manager, always it giving
error tat untursted packages nu. so i was not able to install any more
packages. so please helpm me to resolve this problem

--
with regards

RamyaShanmugam

Ubuntu packages come with a digital signature. When you have the key
which matches this signature then the package is trusted. So, it
sounds as though either some signatures or security keys are missing.
Do

Applications - Accessories - Terminal and then type in
$ aptitude search keyring you should see a line
i ubuntu-keyring this means that
the bunch of keys
for ubuntu
is installed.

On my system I also have these installed
debian-archive-keyring
gnome-keyring

So you could try

$ sudo aptitude reinstall ubuntu-keyring and, if necessary
$ sudo aptitude install debian-archive-keyring gnome-keyring

Then try installing your packages again. If this fails we shall have
to look further. You could be trying to install packages from some
other software repository.

--
Best Wishes
Maurice.