Re: creating extended partition/ deleting partition on windows 7 netbook

After shrinking the primary windows partition I have 100gb space, But still
no luck with installing ubuntu - it still only permits either erasing
windows altogether or manual install. Still unsure how to create an extended
partition and have the ubuntu installer recognise this. Cant see any
relevant fuction in GParted. Do I need to remove some of the windows
partitions still (in which case I need to back up the recover volume - which
will be tricky as it is about 6 gig and there is no CD/DVD Burner with the
unit - and its not clear how to copy it anyway....)