Re: super user password?

On 08/02/2010 11:54 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
Dear All
I have installed Ubuntu on my machine but at the Terminal I cannot login as
super user by issuing 'su - root' . During installation it didn't ask me for
super user password so how can I recover it ?
Thank you

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

  • super user password?
    ... I have installed Ubuntu on my machine but at the Terminal I cannot login as ... super user by issuing 'su - root'. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: software to control domain administrators
    ... there has to be a "super user" procedure of some sort ... The application itself runs as the user "root" and can be configured by ... application allows any properly configured user to run a command as ... (i.e. Applications can be run as the "domain admin" without ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: new to SuSE Linux 10.0
    ... be aware that super user (or 'root' user) is more powerful in many ways ... The even better news was that suse ... The Jem Report for SUSE 10.1, has a great write up on Intel video drivers ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Problem setting up NFS on Ubuntu
    ... I am attempting to set up an NFS server on Ubuntu. ... I have installed Ubuntu ... I used System - Administration - Synaptic Package Manager to include NFS ... Should I be using the GUI, and if so, how do I do that as root, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: super user password?
    ... I have installed Ubuntu on my machine but at the Terminal I cannot ... login as super user by issuing 'su - root'. ... When you "sudo command" at least in the audit logs, ...
    (Ubuntu)