Re: How to install acrobat reader on ubuntu 10.04?

For Adobe Reader 9.3.3

Download deb package from official site:
http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix>and
just install it like this:
# sudo dpkg -i *.deb

That's all !

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I read the following document and want to install ubuntu. I'd prefer
Option 1. But I can't do "Navigate to System > Administration >
Software Sources" as I'm operating my machine remotely. I'm wondering
what would be the equivalent commands in a shell?

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2010/07/11/install-adobe-reader-9-3-2-on-ubuntu-10-04-lts-lucid-lynx/

--
Regards,
Peng

Код - это поэзия!
www.linuxspace.org

  • Re: Blocking unwanted updates
    ... I've D/L'ed Adobe Reader V ... I know about avoiding the Google Toolbar, I am using FF and have ... trouble fighting AVG and their insistence on the AVG Toolbar. ... Adobe Reader) you could avoid the 'hidden' install it does. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Blocking unwanted updates
    ... I've D/L'ed Adobe Reader V ... I know about avoiding the Google Toolbar, I am using FF and have ... trouble fighting AVG and their insistence on the AVG Toolbar. ... Your problem is with Adobe or AVG or your not being careful when you install and/or not giving the necessary details when asking for blind assistance. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Blocking unwanted updates
    ... I've D/L'ed Adobe Reader V ... I know about avoiding the Google Toolbar, I am using FF and have ... trouble fighting AVG and their insistence on the AVG Toolbar. ... could avoid the 'hidden' install it does. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: quick apt command help...(ubuntu rant?)
    ... $sudo dpkg -i gphoto2 ... Try the install, it'll no doubt fail because of dependencies, then add new ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... I guess it will be similar for you, except a different language. ... sudo dpkg -i *deb ... You do know that once you install from outside of the usual approved repo sources that you're on you own?? ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)