Re: This used to be a great list

Edwin McGuire wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "norm1800"<norm1800@xxxxxxxxx>

Just my 2 cents:

I have used this list over the past year or so and found it to be very
helpful and informative.
However, I have just about had it with the incessant rants and
discussions/arguments about what is the correct format for responding to
a list item, for example. Or the recent rant about a certain member who
most everyone seems to enjoy picking on. Or this new thread about the
rules.

norm1800

Much agreed.
Ed

This is to be expected and will only get "worse" as Ubuntu gains
popularity. It happens on all lists from time to time and creating an
easy to use Linux distro lowers the barrier even more. When running
Ubuntu in a VPS is the height of leet system admin skills how could you
not argue even a tiny, insignificant detail?

One of the issues with open lists in general is they attract trolls and
people out to prove something, as long as the Code of Conduct is not
actually enforced on here there will continue to be abuses. I'm not
really for censorship though, learning to sift through the junk is an
important online skill.

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 190
    ... Similar Experience/Forget Hardy ... intended as a hard-drive install, as Klaus Knopper himself often said. ... possible to roll your own live CD based on Debian or Ubuntu. ... I've seen those on a lot of lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 299
    ... windows XP box but it refused to print. ... I read the lists. ... the problem is the closed source nature of Skype. ... Under ubuntu 7.04 I used emacs v21. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Troubles after update to kernel 3.0.0.18
    ... Troubles after update to kernel 3.0.0.18 ... but thought I'd ask - Certificate in Thunderbird ... Re: Ubuntu list bounces? ... of sending messages to the lists, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 331
    ... Re: Automatix? ... Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box? ... Get the .config for the current working Debian kernel, ... sign it you still should adhere to it on public ubuntu mailing lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 231
    ... Please unsubscribe me I no longer wish to receive ubuntu users lists ... wrong info in package info ...
    (Ubuntu)