Re: 8.04 to 10.04 dist upgrade

On 08/29/2010 03:29 PM, Vic Main wrote:
I tried the upgrade and now the dual boot machine is just a single boot.

What is the other boot? Windows?
What is booted up? Lucid?

Have you checked, if booted to Lucid, if grub is now grub2?
(grub-install -v ==> gives 1.98)

If yes to all (most likely), have you done
sudo grub-install /dev/sda ?

If still at grub-legacy, (but recommend you upgrade to grub2, install
grub-pc)
sudo grub-mkdevicemap
sudo update-grub

Regards - Goh Lip

  • Re: 8.04 to 10.04 dist upgrade
    ... Have you checked, if booted to Lucid, if grub is now grub2? ... sudo grub-install /dev/sda? ... If I choose the Windows option everything's good. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Boot troubles, 11.4
    ... It boots straight through now. ... "sudo Kate" does not find the X-server and ... If so THAT is NOW called "grub", and the OLD grub is called 'grub ... If that is the case (grub2), then there is no use of grub.lst at all! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Boot troubles, 11.4
    ... It boots straight through now. ... "sudo Kate" does not find the X-server and ... If so THAT is NOW called "grub", and the OLD grub is called 'grub ... If that is the case (grub2), then there is no use of grub.lst at all! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: 8.04 to 10.04 dist upgrade
    ... What is the other boot? ... Have you checked, if booted to Lucid, if grub is now grub2? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Grub2 and multiple boot different ubuntu versions
    ... wimp out and just live with what I have, editing /etc/default/grub ... BTW: I just had a mass of updates on lucid and one of them was: ... on that machine and it didn't show up on the grub2 menu after restart. ... So I had to go back to karmic and do a 'sudo update-grub' in order for ...
    (Ubuntu)