Re: Upgrade from 8.04 to 10.04 LTS (BORKED)

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not look seriously before, but does grub2 have serial support? I
know it does not have PXE or network support. In some ways, grub2 is a
regression.

grub2 does have serial support (you have to remember to create a
ttyS0.conf; the equivalent of adding a ttyS0 line in inittab in the
past) and I vaguely remember that there is pxe boot but only for bios
boxes not for efi ones or others; vaguely.