dual boot with 2 drives
- From: Norman Silverstone <norman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:51:42 +0100
About 3 years ago I set up a computer with 2 drives, one with Ubuntu and
the other with XP Pro and there was no problem in amending Grub so as to
be able to choose which drive to use. That machine has now died and I
want to do the same thing again but, as ever, Ubuntu has moved on and
what I did back then no longer applies. I have tried to find my way
around using Google but what I find seems to be beyond my abilities to
do or even understand.
I have looked into using XP in a virtual window and have just wasted a
week trying to get a piece of equipment to work which works out of the
box on a pure XP machine.
I have a working drive with Ubuntu 9.10 and all my files and I have
other hard drives that I can use for the XP Pro installation so, please,
can someone tell me the best way to proceed. I accept there are
alternatives but at least I would then have a choice.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: EXT2-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
- Next by Date: Re: EXT2-fs warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
- Previous by thread: Lucid Bluetooth Headset
- Next by thread: Re: dual boot with 2 drives