Re: Ubuntu not detecting USB mouse

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 04:21:16 +0530
Sherin George <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is connected directly to PC & I have disabled "Legacy USB devices"
in bios. But that didn't help.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:23:11 +0530
Sherin George <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have ubuntu karmic koala installed in my PC.

Recently, I purchased a new USB mouse. My ubuntu is not detecting
this USB mouse on boot. Still, it will detect my USB my mouse if I
unplug it and plug it again when linux is booted.

Could some one please help me to find what is wrong or how to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance.

Check the BIOS, some systems have settings for legacy keyboard/mouse.  Try changing the setting if it’s there.

Have you tried different USB ports? Sometimes one port will work when another won’t.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net