Re: Ubuntu not detecting USB mouse

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 04:21:16 +0530
Sherin George <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is connected directly to PC & I have disabled "Legacy USB devices"
in bios. But that didn't help.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:23:11 +0530
Sherin George <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have ubuntu karmic koala installed in my PC.

Recently, I purchased a new USB mouse. My ubuntu is not detecting
this USB mouse on boot. Still, it will detect my USB my mouse if I
unplug it and plug it again when linux is booted.

Could some one please help me to find what is wrong or how to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance.

Check the BIOS, some systems have settings for legacy keyboard/mouse.  Try changing the setting if it’s there.

Have you tried different USB ports? Sometimes one port will work when another won’t.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net

  • Re: Ubuntu not detecting USB mouse
    ... I have ubuntu karmic koala installed in my PC. ... I purchased a new USB mouse. ... My ubuntu is not detecting ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Ubuntu not detecting USB mouse
    ... If it's connected to a hub, try connecting it directly to your pc. ... I have ubuntu karmic koala installed in my PC. ... I purchased a new USB mouse. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Trying to boot for installation
    ... Then no version of Ubuntu will fit except Lubuntu. ... Alternatively, if you have a fast broadband connection, you could boot ... you could transfer your ISO onto a USB ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Turned Computer During Error Checking
    ... It's listed as such, however, when I hit Enter with the usb device selected, I get two beeps and this message, "selected boot device not available and then the options to strike F1, F2 or F5 for various options. ... The drive it's self was in working order before I removed everything from it, reformatted in FAT32 and installed Ubuntu for USB on it. ... At least I got to "do you want to run this from the cd or install" screen. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Needed fully functional [NOT Live(sic)] Linux on USB stick - was [Re: Ubuntu on pendrive]
    ... By adjusting the BIOS to look for a bootable USB stick first in the ... boot sequence, then if a USB stick is present, it will try to boot ... Then install just as you would to a hard disk. ... What is the most easy way to put ubuntu on a pendrive? ...
    (Ubuntu)