second Linux distro on second hd

Is there any trick in putting a second distro (Ubuntu) on a second drive
and booting either one with grub?
This is an older computer with IDE drive capability only, and I don't
want to invest a whole batch of money into it, by upgrading the mobo,
etc., but I can probably scrounge up an old IDE drive someplace. (I
would not replace the PcLOs distro that I'm running on it now.)

--doug

  • Grub and ubuntu
    ... calls in menu.lst so grub will boot the copied version on /dev/hda8. ... For some reason this was booting /dev/hda2 which is a mystery to me. ... When I decided to delete the ubuntu on /dev/hda2 even stranger ... So I need to believe df and fix a problem right away. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Problem with graphical resolution.
    ... On Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04 I have the same problem with the resolution. ... Or is there any possibility to change it before booting (on GRUB) or after booting? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: download linux kernel 2.6.33.2
    ... I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with BIOS 2.6 24-27-generic. ... Fairly certain that you mean Ubuntu 8.04 with Linux Kernel 2.6.24-7 ... So first figure out whether it is the bios or grub that is giving you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ... Right now, on boot, your system goes straight to a grub rescue prompt? ...
    (Ubuntu)