Re: installing Open ACS on Ubuntu 10.04

On 09/22/2010 12:50 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
I am trying to install OpenACS with instructions given here on
http://openacs.org/xowiki/ubuntu
on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit
They gave a link of repository to add in sources.lst but it is for
hardy and karmic

deb http://debian.adenu.ia.uned.es/apt {hardy|karmic} main

what should I do to be able to install it on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit.

Ummm....

$ sudo apt-get install openacs

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/openacs
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openacs

  • Re: apt-get update
    ... that you are trying to update Hardy from the Dapper repositories. ... the contents should look like for Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. ... deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy-updates main restricted ... deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy-updates main restricted ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Opinions learning Ubuntu/Kubuntu
    ... The Ubuntu forumsalso have some excellent How-tos. ... Personally I like both KDE and GNOME so I run both (but if forced to ... $ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop ... In the case of Kubuntu I'd also recommend... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Opinions learning Ubuntu/Kubuntu
    ... I had previous Linux experience (but only with RPM-based ... The Ubuntu forumsalso have some excellent How-tos. ... Personally I like both KDE and GNOME so I run both (but if forced to ... $ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: new guy checking in has new problem(s)
    ... I did the "sudo apt-get install ... Ubuntu formatted the WD on the primary strap. ... NOT format either of the other two drives. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: migration path suggestions?
    ... I wish there was a succinct statement of the purpose behind all those ... Ditching Unity means ditching Ubuntu, ... sudo apt-get install gnome ...
    (Ubuntu)