Re: eject -t unsupported on my laptop

On 26 Sep 2010, at 21:03, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to close CD rom via eject -t
I get this error
eject: CD-ROM tray close command failed: Input/output error

I have tried eject -T any suggestions?
It is Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop.

Does the drive have a motorised tray which glides all the way out or
just a latch and spring affair? If the latter then eject can't do
inserts.

Al

  • Gericom Laptop DVD will not eject
    ... I purchased a Gericom Ego laptop from Aldi in the UK in December 2004. ... pressing the eject button or through right-click eject in Explorer. ... Windows fails to recognise the presence of a disc when ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Gericom Laptop DVD will not eject
    ... I purchased a Gericom Ego laptop from Aldi in the UK in December 2004. ... I could not eject the DVD drive by pressing the eject button or through right-click eject in Explorer. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: atapicd regression
    ... when inserting a CD, mount /cdrom returns an immediate I/O error, while ... before it would wait for the cd to be read then mount it. ... * the eject cli utilitiy returns 'device busy' in every situation, ... This is a laptop, a Dell Inspiron 8600 from 2003-11-16, Intel ICH4 chipset ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • problem accessing the CD-Rom...
    ... still in my periodical tries to get the CD-Rom running on my laptop... ... when i do a eject or eject /dev/cdrom, or eject /dev/hdc (to where cdrom ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cannot undock laptop get LPT1 error message.
    ... to undock the laptop, ... You cannot eject your computer because one of the devices in the ... docking station, Printer Port LPT1 cannot be stopped a program is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)