Re: A+ material

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 09:59 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
/me stares. Okay, I was groggy this morning. Let me fix that.
Hahaha, one of my then new bosses made fun of my RHCE back in 2002 (got
mine in 2001) and said that he would certify me whereas another boss who
interviewed me said that the RHCE had zero bearing on his decision to
hire me and give me a better position than the one I was applying for.

But, I thought this was true: "Red Hat certifications are indisputably
regarded as the best in Unix® and Linux®, and perhaps, according to
some, in all of IT. This is due in large part because of Red Hat's
performance-based format - the RHCT® and RHCE® "

/sarcasm

To best honest, when I first read that on the Red Hat site, my first
question was "What the hell does Redhat have to do with Unix? And why
would their certification be best for /Unix/?". I could go on but I
figure that /should have/ been enough for you to laugh your way out.

I don't remember if it was like that way back then, that was far too
long ago, but they're certainly like that now. CompTIA is to
certifications what Redhat is to Unix.

  • RE: RHCE and other certs?
    ... Subject: RHCE and other certs? ... I'd have to take the RHCE exam again anyway ... these certifications, and my impression is that very few people actually ... even being a sysadmin at a site that uses free software, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RHCE and other certs?
    ... I recommend you start first with RHCT then RHCE, all of them based on Labs ... In fact, I myself find little weight to certs, as I know ... I cannot speak for the LPI cert, but I can for the RHCE. ... certifications are? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: A+ material
    ... one of my then new bosses made fun of my RHCE back in 2002 (got ... I thought this was true: "Red Hat certifications are indisputably ... question was "What the hell does Redhat have to do with Unix? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Certification ?
    ... I used to have this way of thinking...but I think certifications hold ... the same importance as implementing security practices. ... and have had several certifcations from MCSE to RHCE ... RHCT or RHCE test because they weren't ready...and those who did stay, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: RHCE certification
    ... quantifiable, including certifications and suchlike. ... the difference between your employer getting a contract or not. ... Top 2 options mentioned (due to my Linux experience) are RHCE or Linux+. ...
    (RedHat)