Re: [10.10RC]-Window Titles Not Transparent???

On 10/08/2010 08:58 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
On 10/08/2010 08:52 PM, Rashkae wrote:
On 10-10-08 08:24 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
Hi,

I am on Ubuntu 10.10 RC 32bit Linux.

On 10.04, when an open window did not have focus
the top bar of window (title and Minize, Maximize, Close buttons)
was transparent.

I do not see this behaviour on 10.10.
Is there something I need to set to have this in 10.10?
Thanks!

Are you using Compiz Window manager (also known as Visual Effects).
Check your System -> Preferences -> Appearance Visual Effects tab. If
Visual Effects are not turned on, and can not be enabled, then check the
Hardware Drivers application to verify that drivers for your video card
are installed and enabled.

Hi,

Visual Effects are enabled.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Jesse

Hi.

Nevermind, I figured out how to enable it.

[Alt]+[F2] - then type: "gconf-editor" (no quotes)
Goto: "apps/gwd/metacity_theme_opacity"
and change value to .5

Jesse

  • full windows virtualisation problem on Ubuntu 8.04 and XEN 3.1
    ... I try to setup a fully virtualized Windows XP guest with a Ubuntu ... any error message. ... vnc I can see vnc window and booting bios messages. ... Linux kernel image for version 2.6.24 on Thi ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: changing grub
    ... application with root privileges, such as gedit ... for command line programs. ... down the Terminal window will not also shut down ... Gnome, or the Ubuntu Desktop, may ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [10.10RC]-Window Titles Not Transparent???
    ... I am on Ubuntu 10.10 RC 32bit Linux. ... when an open window did not have focus ... Visual Effects are not turned on, and can not be enabled, then check the ... Hardware Drivers application to verify that drivers for your video card ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: changing grub
    ... application with root privileges, such as gedit ... for command line programs. ... down the Terminal window will not also shut down ... Gnome, or the Ubuntu Desktop, may ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Ubuntu Dapper] Kein grafisches System, "Alle Aktualisierungen wurden fertiggestellt"
    ... xserver-xorg-core-Updates (siehe z.B. ... Dir fehlt ein Window Manager. ... mag sein dass das bei Ubuntu anders gelagert ist. ... PGP Key available on public key servers ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.x11)