Pan newreader

I always prefer a fresh install over an upgrade. With Pan, the set-up
is simple. I'm STILL having trouble, I keep getting:

Unable to connect to "news.east.earthlink.net":
481 Invalid username or password

Pan is now offline. Please see "File|Event Log" and correct the
problem, then use "File|Work Online" to continue.

I've gone ahead & signed into earthlink with my user name & password,
so I know it's correct. "news.east.earthlink.net" is correct. I've
tried Googling & I've made absolutly sure everything was entered
correctly. I'm still stuck. HELP!?
-
Doug

  • unhappy upgrade
    ... The first thing I find is that Pan, ... Thanks to a kind user, ... I get the impression ... a previous upgrade and, fortunately, I was able to put things right. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Pan] Read articles return to be unread.
    ... articles that I've read are un-marked. ... It's not always easy for people who have New Pan to upgrade to Old ... Killing all posts from Google Groups ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: [Pan] Read articles return to be unread.
    ... In slrn we can only finish our ... It's not always easy for people who have New Pan to upgrade to Old ... slrn newsreader v0.9.9p1: http://slrn.sourceforge.net/ ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Pan, fonts and esthetics
    ... bit discontent. ... I always am with Pan, actually, it seems good, really ... pkg-config errors when I try to upgrade or library dependencies galore. ... maybe this is the price of being in KDE? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Bast****s at BA...
    ... So you knock your pan in for a wee holiday and you get stuffed by ... > and all of this trouble started in a catering supply company and not ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)