Video Camera

Greetings all,

Does anyone know how or if it is possible to get a Logitech QuickCam
working under Ubuntu 10.10? I have QuickCam 8.3.0 software for Windows
but not aware of how to get it working in Linux.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
RobF

  • Re: Video Camera
    ... Does anyone know how or if it is possible to get a Logitech QuickCam ... working under Ubuntu 10.10? ... 064e is the code for Suyin corp., e201 would be the webcam type. ... As far as I know there is no way to make a Windows driver work under Linux ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Video Camera
    ... Does anyone know how or if it is possible to get a Logitech QuickCam ... working under Ubuntu 10.10? ... I have QuickCam 8.3.0 software for Windows ... $ sudo apt-get install guvcview ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Logitech High-End webcams?
    ... So my new Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro (compatible with the ... standard USB VideoClass)... ... lastest bits). ... I don't know if Ubuntu has already support ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT: who said on this group "try Linux" a while back?
    ... took an old 120gig drive and put latest release of Ubuntu on it. ... linux will *never* be anything other than a tech nerd curiosity. ... setting in windows that I couldnt do with a few mouse clicks. ... terminal, paste in this command, job done" doesn't matter which DE you are ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Which Distro
    ... which distro is suited for me, and it said Ubuntu may not work on my ... Yes, to answer my own earlier question, Opera does have a Linux ... While I get the feeling you dont care much for Windows, ... a Linux distro that looks and works similar to ...
    (alt.linux)