Re: 10.04 LTS alternate

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 20:41 -0400, Verde Denim wrote:
Currently installing 10.04 LTS alternate on my laptop (desktop 64 bit
edition).
At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22%
with the message
Wiping swap space for security (this may take a while) ...
For over an hour on a system with 4GB RAM and a 150GB drive...

Is there something amiss or do I just need to continue to be patient?

Any input is (as always) appreciated.

Sit tight mate, this trip could take all night.

  • Re: 10.04 LTS alternate
    ... At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22% ... Wiping swap space for security... ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 10.04 LTS alternate
    ... At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22% with ... Wiping swap space for security... ... Performance regressions with ext4 under certain workloads ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: lighting---hacked!
    ... the only possible security measure one might take. ... I made to turn off ipchains which we have only been running for about ... Take, in particular, the installation of ipchains, which is what ... >From the GUI interface and what documentation I had ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Idea to make package vulnerabilities not matter, along with third party software
    ... but they seem arrogant about security, ... FreeBSD contains such mechanisms, but as memory access ... The server doesn't run a GUI. ... installation won't continue. ...
    (freebsd-questions)