Re: 10.04 LTS alternate

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 20:41 -0400, Verde Denim wrote:
Currently installing 10.04 LTS alternate on my laptop (desktop 64 bit
edition).
At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22%
with the message
Wiping swap space for security (this may take a while) ...
For over an hour on a system with 4GB RAM and a 150GB drive...

Is there something amiss or do I just need to continue to be patient?

Any input is (as always) appreciated.

Sit tight mate, this trip could take all night.

  • Re: 10.04 LTS alternate
    ... At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22% ... Wiping swap space for security... ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 10.04 LTS alternate
    ... At the screen _Finishing the installation_, it's been sitting at 22% with ... Wiping swap space for security... ... Performance regressions with ext4 under certain workloads ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: lighting---hacked!
    ... the only possible security measure one might take. ... I made to turn off ipchains which we have only been running for about ... Take, in particular, the installation of ipchains, which is what ... >From the GUI interface and what documentation I had ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Software Distribution Service 3
    ... to a checkpoint prior to that installation. ... to restore prior to the checkpoint before this Windows Update was applied I ... your best bet would be to open a free support incident. ... security updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)