Re: notification of new version

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 16:11 -0400, Tom H wrote:

A good one except that you'll need sudo if you're not root (a mistake
that I make often when posting here) and, more importantly, you'll
overwrite the comments about the different options that can be set in
this file. So a sed might be more appropriate.

Comments can kiss my ass.  There are almost 15+ lines of comment for
two simple options: LTS (self explained obviously) and Normal (Another
self explained option.)  If you forget said two options, go buy a Mac
because you obviously need to be on something that explains everything
step by step with pretty pictures >.>

I agree but thought that I'd point it out.

All truth about comments aside, yes, I did forget sudo part, mostly
because I copy and pasted it directly from a white paper turned tutorial
I recently did on how to upgrade servers properly when the kernel is
locked out.  Next time I shall pay closer attention. Bug fixed.

I forget to prepend sudo when I post because I generally use "sudo -i"
when I'm not at work... Nothing personal.

  • Re: Ruby Gems Help
    ... Prefix a command with "sudo" to elevate your permissions before the ... I think it is also linked to the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup, ... Suitable posting guidelines for this list can probably be ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: notification of new version
    ... that I make often when posting here) and, more importantly, you'll ... overwrite the comments about the different options that can be set in ... All truth about comments aside, yes, I did forget sudo part, mostly ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] New term "RDV" is born
    ... "In recent times terrorism has become more prominent". ... wannabe's started posting "I found a 0-day", when what they really had was ... Which reminds me, I recently found a vulnerability on all open source ... Seems like whenever there is a program called sudo ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?
    ... Stephen Major wrote: ... I made a mistake on that one. ... >Sudo should not be forced upon anyone. ... >I do not care if sudo is part of the base system ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: new to ubuntu; have a few questions
    ... And then entering your own password. ... Be careful with this, however. ... It's easy to make a mistake. ...
    (Ubuntu)