Re: Problem moving a laptop between two networks

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 20:31, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 11:14:13 -0500 From: Tom Browder
<tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Problem moving a laptop between
I have been trying to use a laptop which works just fine on my home
wireless and wired networks at my son's home.
We both are running Ubuntu 10.04.1. I know about changing the
/etc/network/interfaces and the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf files.
First of all, I highly recommend using package wicd--cured all network
problems for me.
Thanks Tom,

Your'e very welcome--I've used wicd for a couple of years now, and I
think it should be the Ubuntu/Debian standard--and it's much better
than anything Microsoft has, too.

Cheers,

-Tom

  • Re: new Ubuntu user w/ questions
    ... I'm running Ubuntu 7.10. ... There is a standard that exists to mount a RW optical device ... can't write directly to the mounted file system, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Are "system[76]" Ubuntu Desktop Computers Good?
    ... I've been running Ubuntu for about 2+ years now. ... My only other option is to buy another Dell desktop but I will ... but maybe you need to look at FULLY upgrading your present computer. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Network transfer rates
    ... I apologize - I didn't realize that gmail uses rich text formatting by ... The problem I'm having is that when I'm running Ubuntu on computer B, ... transferring from Windows to Windows (though this of course doesn't ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Prob w/ virtual terminals
    ... |> I am running Ubuntu 7.10 on an IBM ThinkCentre and am unable to invoke ... |> I can return to the GUI with ctrl-alt-f7. ... I think it may be a Ubuntu ... Comment: Armoured with GnuPG ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?
    ... Running Ubuntu 5.10 on Laptop, ... I've used many flavors of Linux distros (FreeBSD, ... and I am jazzed with Ubuntu and the Linux community as a whole. ...
    (Ubuntu)