Re: Nvidia graphics trouble

On 21-10-2010 22:38, Waleed Harbi wrote:
*I faced this issue. I have built in VGA, I disconnect Nvidia card, then
Ubuntu booting. Download Nvidia driver from main website, then connect
nvidia card again, and boot the system via init 3, at the end install
nvidia driver after that switch to level 5.
*--------------------------
Best Wishes,
Waleed Harbi

I did something very similar to that: I downloaded the newest driver,
booted in terminal mode (without X), installed the newest driver from
the Nvidia web site, booted - and got blinks + bailout to terminal.

In the other cases, as I say, I got blank screen (no signal).

I don't understand why physically disconnecting the card would make any
difference.

--
http://www.modspil.dk

  • Re: google-earth anybody?
    ... I first tried to dl and install with dpkg, ... which downloaded yet another copy from google. ... as fast as the nvidia driver, but a hell of a lot less hassle. ... motors more than 3 or 4 rpms with self generated steps. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?
    ... But if he compiled his own kernel correctly then he should be able to ... compile the nVidia driver for it. ... motor with its 200 millisecond long IRQ lockouts. ... nouveau driver which is used when you install the the distro you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Probably stupid question, but
    ... olde time Red Hat users expect to install exotic apps ... I'm running 13.04 and the nVidia driver, ... since Ubuntu is FAR more liberal ... the package clearly fails, or cannot be obtained any other way. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?
    ... I compile my own nVidia driver every ... machinery with that driver. ... nouveau driver which is used when you install the the distro you are using? ... you mention "the real time kernel". ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: More Nvidia issues on 9.1
    ... > as the security kernel patches etc. Downloaded the latest Nvidia driver ... Trying to install it will produce ... I download the NVIDIA driver installer from NVIDIA. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)