Re: KMAIL, reorginizing messages

On Monday 25 October 2010 01:01:51 pm Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/25/2010 01:54 AM, Mike McMullin wrote:
I totally prefer Evolution over KMAIL, but unfortunately one
particular list I'm on sees my normal addy as a spam source, so I have to
use this secondary address and a separate mail client (KMAIL :( )
As I'm going through the list deleting messages individually and by
thread <CTR-DEL>, kmail re-organizes the unread mail, often kicking me to
the last bunch of messages, is there a way to turn off this obnoxious
behaviour?

Go to Thunderbird, I have 5 email address's which filter mail into the
appropriate inbox.

Thunderbird still doesn't handle Maildir, which means that if you run kmail
with the default settings you either loose all your mails or (maybe) have to
export/import them. I quickly tested this and it did not work (Thunderbird's
plugin would not read kmail's mbox archive).

For me it's a show stopper, I can't see enough advantages in Thunderbird to go
through this much work (plus I wouldn't want to change to mbox anyway).

Thierry

  • Re: KMAIL, reorginizing messages
    ... work (Thunderbird's plugin would not read kmail's mbox archive). ... For me it's a show stopper, I can't see enough advantages in Thunderbird ... I still use kmail because I can't find a satisfying ... transfer the mails in them and try to upload in thunderbird. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kmail importing settings from 11.2
    ... Kmail does not want to use all my settings ie accounts filters ect ect ... I have been using Thunderbird from the time it was originally ... All the things she was complaining about have now vanished - she is a "happy-chappy". ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Why I (almost) stayed with KMail
    ... what a sorry state today's email clients are in. ... is as complex as inbox and one or two additional folders. ... a job kmail did quite well. ... So I came up with Thunderbird, Mutt, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: opensuse on laptop
    ... Kmail means KDE which means waste of space, Thunderbird is also not ... Use USB keys for storing atachments. ... The microsd is available in 8GB. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Activities
    ... under KDE4. ... If you can read my first paragraph above with an open mind, you will see that my own preference is an example for the first statement, which is that not everyone prefers Thunderbird. ... what's happened to Kmail in version 2. ... I have little time for dishonest recidivism*. ...
    (SuSE)