Re: Possibly OT: networking under VirtualBox

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, October 28, 2010 02:38 AM, Mark wrote:

1) It can't see my on-board network, so it can't reach the internet or
even the local (router) network.

Fixed (works better with bridged networking...).

2) It keeps finding some base hardware component that it doesn't
identify and can't seem to install.

Seems like installing the Guest Additions fixed this.

I wound up having to mount the extra "drives" as shared folders, which
works nicely. I never could get my samba and VB to see eye to eye on
what's where - maybe a holdover from the VMware stuff, which is
(somehow) still partially visible, but not working.

BUT:

Now whenever I open a window, the mouse goes berserk, as if I were
rapidly clicking the left button all the time. It maximizes a window
if I try to move it, scrolls all the way to the bottom of any
scrolling display like it's stuck, or there's a right-side sticky area
like on a mousepad. I can control this to some extent by using only
the keyboard, but wow. I tried using the Mouse control panel applet,
but that has no effect and there's no visible settingin VB that
explains this.

Guess I'll have to read up a little more on VB, especially the command
line interface part.

Other than that, it works rather nicely.

  • Re: At wits end - "No Audio Device"
    ... PnP enumerator then delete the registry entries and go through the steps to ... On the Registry Editor window select the Edit menu then select Find. ... something like Install Anyway. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bit Twister: Is this the dhclient-exit-hooks you were talking about?
    ... It lets you take a screenshot ... See slrn running in the term window? ... Redhat left the linux user community in the lurch awhile back ... She will go for that and then I can get on with the FC5 install that I ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Aluminum frame and replacement window problem - window.jpg (0/1)
    ... You cannot post pictures directly to a.h.r. ... I can install the one I didnt ruin and use the aluminum frame as the stop. ... look different than the replacement window that will be next to it. ... sash out, a bit, and slide some kind of moisture barrier ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: At wits end - "No Audio Device"
    ... start from scratch but not sure I'm up to a full install:( ... the Plug and Play Software Enumerator so I reinstalled it with the Add ... Open the Add Hardware wizard and select Next on the Welcome window. ...