Re: Possibly OT: networking under VirtualBox

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, October 28, 2010 02:38 AM, Mark wrote:

1) It can't see my on-board network, so it can't reach the internet or
even the local (router) network.

Fixed (works better with bridged networking...).

2) It keeps finding some base hardware component that it doesn't
identify and can't seem to install.

Seems like installing the Guest Additions fixed this.

I wound up having to mount the extra "drives" as shared folders, which
works nicely. I never could get my samba and VB to see eye to eye on
what's where - maybe a holdover from the VMware stuff, which is
(somehow) still partially visible, but not working.

BUT:

Now whenever I open a window, the mouse goes berserk, as if I were
rapidly clicking the left button all the time. It maximizes a window
if I try to move it, scrolls all the way to the bottom of any
scrolling display like it's stuck, or there's a right-side sticky area
like on a mousepad. I can control this to some extent by using only
the keyboard, but wow. I tried using the Mouse control panel applet,
but that has no effect and there's no visible settingin VB that
explains this.

Guess I'll have to read up a little more on VB, especially the command
line interface part.

Other than that, it works rather nicely.