Re: Canonical Ubuntu splits from GNOME over design issues

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pastor JW" <pastor_jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Canonical Ubuntu splits from GNOME over design issues

From: ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug
[dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 28 October 2010 07:46 AM
On 10/28/2010 12:17 AM, Cristopher Thomas wrote:
Ubuntu has put up the most different GUI of the more common Linux
distros
already, now they want to make it even more unusual. I fail to see how
this is
going to provide "the best experience for their users." If they want to
provide
the best experience, they need to provide something that looks like MS
Windows.

Good = looking like Windows? What nonsense--the reason a lot of people
moved to Linux is because of Windows' usability shortcomings.

Agree, I'd not like to see Ubuntu downgraded to the level of windoze. If
actually had to use something that lame, I think I'd quit computers
completely.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276

--
Ditto!

  • Re: I just want to browse my network!
    ... spending ALL of my spare time trying out different Linux distros. ... If there was a required key or password, Windows asked for it. ... Some distros may be, I would think that Ubuntu prapably has quite good support ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: ubuntu/kubuntu is sloooooooow!
    ... mentioned distros are even faster than ubuntu on the same machine. ... In order for you to have valid claims - the installs of all distros ... Windows 3.1 runs faster then 95 and maybe even say WindowsNT runs ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Yahoo Mail, set as default email
    ... I am fully aware of Ubuntu and other Linux distros. ... I have nothing against Linux, maybe one day it will be "ready for primetime". ... They seem to hang out wherever there are Windows users, seeming much like cult members trying to get new recruits for the cult, handing out free Kool-Aid. ... And yes, I've tried several distros of Linux, and with 20-some-odd years PC experience, IMHO, it still doesn't match up to Windows as a desktop system. ...
  • Re: Linux
    ... I hear all this talk of Ubuntu. ... Then Zed threw in the reference to Linux Mint and Julia. ... I didn't really like it and eventually found PCLinuxOS and MEPIS Linux, both of which are far easier for a non-techie user converting from Windows. ... With all these distros you can download an ISO and burn it to CD, from which you can boot and try it out without changing anything on your computer. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation
    ... On any given day, on a Windows ... On Linux based forums, terms like: ... Ubuntu, actually, has thrown out the baby with the bathwater. ... FreeBSD). ...
    (freebsd-questions)