Re: Canonical Ubuntu splits from GNOME over design issues

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pastor JW" <pastor_jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions"
<ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Canonical Ubuntu splits from GNOME over design issues

From: ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ubuntu-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug
[dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: 28 October 2010 07:46 AM
On 10/28/2010 12:17 AM, Cristopher Thomas wrote:
Ubuntu has put up the most different GUI of the more common Linux
distros
already, now they want to make it even more unusual. I fail to see how
this is
going to provide "the best experience for their users." If they want to
provide
the best experience, they need to provide something that looks like MS
Windows.

Good = looking like Windows? What nonsense--the reason a lot of people
moved to Linux is because of Windows' usability shortcomings.

Agree, I'd not like to see Ubuntu downgraded to the level of windoze. If
actually had to use something that lame, I think I'd quit computers
completely.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276

--
Ditto!