Re: Safely Remove Drive needed twice

On 29/10/2010 15:02, Mark wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If formatted in msdos/FAT then you need to go to Places (to panel) click
on the thumb drive which will bring up the File Manager; see on
left-side the entry for the thumb drive and click on the pyramid-looking
icon at the end. This will safely remove it. If you try and do it by
using the icon on the workspace you will get an error message - which is
probably why it keeps "coming back" :-) .

Actually, it brings up Nautilus, which does not have a pyramid looking
icon anywhere.

I don't mind removing it twice, it's just annoying.

Is your solution for KDE? The only file manager link under GNOME (in
Menu->Other) is also Nautilus....

You posted the question in Ubuntu so my answer referred to Ubuntu and not KDE. Nevertheless, Gnome also uses Nautilus so you should also see the Pyramid-looking thngie - unless KDE is doing some fiddling with the display.

Here is what I am talking about (as a small attachment).

Thanks, though.

Mark

No problemo.

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
Confucius

  • Re: Ubuntu with Unity versus Kubuntu with KDE
    ... question to those who have used/using KDE and Unity. ... I left opensuse a couple of years ago because of KDE (with its ... and and went Ubuntu with gnome. ... every menu choice an icon instead of text is just brain-dead if you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [kde] KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts
    ... I tried their context menu actions, ... but could not find any 'icon file' property. ... Thunar is of course not a kde file manager, so while it may work, it won't ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Suse dialup problem
    ... Pete KE9OA, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use, ... > modem, and using Kermit, am able to communicate with this modem. ... Next, click on the icon, like you're wanting to dial-out. ... about no resolv.conf, if so, open up file manager in super user mode, and find ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [kde-linux] kde 3.5 to 4.?
    ... command does not work for me in kde 4.? ... kde4's default file manager is now dolphin, not konqueror, tho you can ... manager the focus isn't on file management profiles any more. ... default kde install for file manager, dolphin, konqueror in file manager ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Mouse click acting strange after Lenny updates
    ... updates, the mouse has started to act a bit strange. ... icon now on Lenny, it opens 2 instances, of for example a terminal. ... the file manager opens. ... I'd created a new user a while back, as I'd had a problem with KDE after ...
    (Debian-User)