Re: Safely Remove Drive needed twice

On 29/10/2010 15:02, Mark wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If formatted in msdos/FAT then you need to go to Places (to panel) click
on the thumb drive which will bring up the File Manager; see on
left-side the entry for the thumb drive and click on the pyramid-looking
icon at the end. This will safely remove it. If you try and do it by
using the icon on the workspace you will get an error message - which is
probably why it keeps "coming back" :-) .

Actually, it brings up Nautilus, which does not have a pyramid looking
icon anywhere.

I don't mind removing it twice, it's just annoying.

Is your solution for KDE? The only file manager link under GNOME (in
Menu->Other) is also Nautilus....

You posted the question in Ubuntu so my answer referred to Ubuntu and not KDE. Nevertheless, Gnome also uses Nautilus so you should also see the Pyramid-looking thngie - unless KDE is doing some fiddling with the display.

Here is what I am talking about (as a small attachment).

Thanks, though.

Mark

No problemo.

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
Confucius