Re: Safely Remove Drive needed twice

On 29/10/2010 15:02, Mark wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If formatted in msdos/FAT then you need to go to Places (to panel) click
on the thumb drive which will bring up the File Manager; see on
left-side the entry for the thumb drive and click on the pyramid-looking
icon at the end. This will safely remove it. If you try and do it by
using the icon on the workspace you will get an error message - which is
probably why it keeps "coming back" :-) .

Actually, it brings up Nautilus, which does not have a pyramid looking
icon anywhere.

I don't mind removing it twice, it's just annoying.

Is your solution for KDE? The only file manager link under GNOME (in
Menu->Other) is also Nautilus....

You posted the question in Ubuntu so my answer referred to Ubuntu and not KDE. Nevertheless, Gnome also uses Nautilus so you should also see the Pyramid-looking thngie - unless KDE is doing some fiddling with the display.

Here is what I am talking about (as a small attachment).

Thanks, though.

No problemo.

"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: