Re: Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/29/2010 12:57 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
Good for you. I must confess I'd never heard of Arch HURD before.

So where did the "build using the Debian compiler" stuff come from, then?

I believe my original statement was: "Debian is the main compiler for
it" RE: http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd &&
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-cd/L1/ , yes it's easy to confuse
context but it had nothing to do with me implying Debian itself was a
compiler, and I don't think they compile an updated ISO anymore...since
they're too busy trying to port stuff over to make a more workable system.

Then "the main distro of it used to be maintained by Debian, but I use
Arch Hurd" or something like that would be a far less confusing way of
putting it, no?

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508

  • Re: Next Ada compiler for Debian: the votes so far
    ... The Debian changelog is specific to each package, ... AdaCore has not "gone proprietary", GNAT is, remains and will always ... > a compiler remained free). ... just not been provided to those who want to do proprietary software. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: Fwd: Linking lapack and C standard library
    ... There are several implementation of lapack in debian. ... So I know from the above that if I want to link a code with liblapack, ... another compiler would be looking for trouble). ... see a released package using it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Migrating from RedHat to Debian
    ... Not trying to prevent you from using Debian, but, in case you dind't know, ... fedora core 1 is RH10. ... Is likely to continue, free of any incovenient corporate decisions, unlike RedHat. ... For instance, I use the Intel Fortran Compiler, which is distributed in ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Debian executables...
    ... executable file format of my Debian Sarge install.... ... It seems to be running gcc 3.3.5, and if I run fileon the output ... On the old system I upgraded from, the compiler was version 2.95.3 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Slightly OT: Linux distributions and Ada
    ... I only have time to support one ... ..tar.gz file on a Debian system. ... must all be compiled with the same compiler. ... to provide precompiled binary packages; ...
    (comp.lang.ada)