Re: Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 11:01 +0200, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Friday 29 October 2010 09:30:41 am Christopher Chan wrote:
On Friday, October 29, 2010 03:21 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Having said this, I am getting REALLY peed-off with the whole thing in
the Linux world and am considering going back to Windows.

Basil,

There is always Openindiana or StormOS or even Mac OS X.

This probably is OT, but when reading this (and googling to know more about
Openindiana and StormOS) it made me think of this strange and elusive thing
called GNU Hurd.

Since I've started using Linux I think I've been reading the same text on
their web site (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html)

"The GNU Hurd is under active development. Because of that, there is no stable
version."

Anyone know if this "Hurd" is more than vaporware? I mean after ten years
of "active development".....

IMHO, it was wind from the backside of Stallman trying to be relevant,
long after the horse left the barn, when Linus made his gift to the
world. Linus made it happen. Linux will become what we allow it to
become. Just as in politics. Ric

Linux user# 44256